If you are accepted on a Summer Short Course, the following rules apply:
- Places will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis
- Central reserves the right to amend, withdraw or cancel any of the courses described in the publication
- In the event of us withdrawing or cancelling a course, full fees will be refunded. We are not able to refund any additional costs you may have incurred, however (travel, accommodation etc)
- Students who do not attend because of illness, personal or professional commitments do not have the right to transfers or refunds
- Courses can be taken independently or consecutively to form a unified programme of study. Many students take a number of Short Courses to build a wide range of skills. We work hard to support students’ learning needs, for example, group sizes are generally small so that tutors are able to nurture and develop creativity.
- Courses will only run it we receive the minimum amount of applicants required to viably run the course. This number varies from course to course. This means that a course can be cancelled at any point before it starts. Please keep this in mind if you're an overseas applicant. Please check with the Short Courses office before you book your travel.
How to Apply
Central’s Summer Short Courses are extremely popular so we recommend that you book early to avoid disappointment.
Please visit the specific webpage of the course you would like to book and click on Book Now on the lefthand side of the page. This will take you to an Eventbrite page where you can book directly online. Some of our courses offer more than one date option so please check you are booking for the correct dates before making payment.
Terms and Conditions
We can offer you a full refund if you decide to withdraw from a course up to 7 days before it starts. You can process the refund by logging back into your Eventbrite account.
Unfortunately, within 7 days of the course commencing we are unable to offer any refunds and the fees become fully non-refundable.
We are unable to offer deferrals on our Summer Short Courses.
Right to Cancel
- You have the right to cancel this contract within 14 days without giving any reason.
- The cancellation period will expire after 14 calendar days from the day of the conclusion of the contract (which will be the date upon which full payment is made).
- To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us (The Royal Central School of Speech and Drama, University of London, Eton Avenue, London NW3 3HY, UK, Tel: +44(0)20 7722 8183*, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org) of your decision to cancel this contract by a clear statement (e.g. a letter sent by post or e-mail). You may use the attached model cancellation form, but it is not obligatory.
- To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired.
Effects of cancellation
- Subject to Clause 8, if you cancel your contract within the 14 day cancellation period, we will reimburse all payments received from you.
- We will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than 14 days after the day on which you inform us of your decision to cancel your contract.
- We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, the Supplier will not charge any fees as a result of the reimbursement.
- If you requested to begin the performance of services during the cancellation period, you shall pay us an amount which is in proportion to what has been performed until you have communicated to us your cancellation from this contract, in comparison with the full coverage of the contract.
Model Cancellation Form (PDF, 46KB)
Central offers a concessionary rate for the majority of evening courses as indicated on the website and you may be eligible if you can submit proof with your application form of being an EU citizen in receipt of benefits for unemployment and/or disability in the UK. Please send our Short Courses team evidence of your benefits claim and they will send you a unique discount code to enter into Eventbrite as part of the booking process.