Legal Name and Registered Office Address
The Royal Central School of Speech and Drama
The Royal Central School of Speech and Drama (also known as Central) is a Higher Education Institution under the provisions of the Education Reform Act 1988 and the Further and Higher Education Act 1992. It is a company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales, and is also an Exempt Charity. Since 01 January 2018 its principal regulator is the Office for Students (Ofs).
Company No. 203645
VAT No. GB 135600246
Company Secretary: Deborah Scully
The members of the Governing Body (Governors) are also the Directors and Trustees of the institution and complete a Register of Interests.
The institution’s objects, powers and framework of governance are set out in the: Articles of Association (current).
Since 2010 the following revisions have been made to the Articles:
- on 23 May 2013 Privy Council approved amendments to the Memorandum and Articles of Association to:
- incorporate the granting of Royal Title
- reorganise the Articles to incorporate all provisions of the Memorandum of Association within the Articles
- explicitly recognise that the institution does have Degree Awarding Powers
- add reference to a Postgraduate Student of the School, elected by the Students, included on the Governing Body
- reflect amendments required, or advisable, following the implementation of the Companies Act 2006
- on 25 February 2014 Privy Council approved further amendment to the Articles of Association to remove an extraneous reference and to clarify that the Principal, as Accounting Officer, would be a member of any committee formed to advise on matters of employment policy or finance.
Constitutional Documents (historic)
Articles of Association revised 2013
Articles of Association (historic)
Memorandum of Association (historic)
Audited Financial Statements
Audited Financial Statements are published and filed annually with Companies House.
Where does our money come from and how do we spend it?
Where Our Money Comes From and How We Spend It